The village of Nederweert lies in the south of the
Netherlands, approx 30kms to the south east of Eindhoven.
Nederweert was liberated by British troops on 21st September, 1944. The
front line until 14th November was close by, following the
Zuidwillemsvaart and Wessem-Nederweert canals; during that period there
were casualties from patrol activity and from daily German shelling of
Nederweert, besides some deaths in German minefields. After the British
crossed the canals and went on towards the Maas, burials continued in
the war cemetery from the surrounding area. There are now over 350
1939-1945 War casualties commemorated in this site.